View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #64
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Why did they specifically mention that they added suspension and a rollcage if everything else was also to be used in production? Why did they single out the suspension? I'll tell you... they upgraded it.

For different terrain? Ok fine, but then it's still not a stock Raptor is it? You can't drive off any Ford lot with the truck they put in that race can you?

You haven't quoted anything to discredit what I found about them upgrading the suspension. And claiming that it was a prototype is even worse. In that case it is even further from being a stock Raptor.
Not upgraded at all, just another version of a stock raptor, a raptor R, then still a test vehicle, and something you can still order "stock"
http://www.prerunnermaniac.com/Preru...-Baja-1000.php
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford
Here is what Ford Reports:

“Prepared for racing in long-distance off-road endurance events, the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor R uses stock components of the F-150 SVT Raptor, including the transmission, brakes and axles. The frame – the part of the truck that will take the most stress – is the same proven fully boxed frame that delivers class-leading towing and hauling in the base F-150. The race truck is powered by a specially calibrated 500 horsepower, 6.2-liter V8 engine. Placing the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor R in the Baja 1000 also serves as a test bed for development of the production F-150 SVT Raptor.

Ford is bringing some of the best stock class off-road truck drivers together to drive the F-150 SVT Raptor R in the Baja 1000. The team includes driver of record Steve Oligos and co-drivers Randy Merritt, Greg Foutz and Bud Brutsman who will compete in class eight for moderately modified full-size pickup trucks.”
Happy?
So the raptor is king in two categories, just have to specify what you want.