View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #61
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
That suspension actually does look really sweet. What you're saying seems to be just a justification of what you wish to be true without evidence to point to.

The fact remains, the article said a Raptor with a spring and damper kit and a roll cage. Obviously a roll cage is not standard, so it's an appropriate inference that the purpose of that sentence was to list things not standard on the truck.

If you disagree, quote something to counter it like I did.
The truck didnt fall into the factory stock class, because well, it wasnt a factory truck, yet. So they were moved into the next class up, one that requires windows nets, a roll cage, lights, fixed back seats and a full sized spare.

Additional changes to the truck like horsepower, suspension, rims, transmission, rear end etc were not "touched" per say, but since the truck wasnt in production yet i guess it could be argued that the whole truck was aftermarket, or custom. However they used the race as a benchmark for flaws and the areas of concern were addressed and improved, then released. It wasnt anything stock then, but it is now.

Its not uncommon for different terrains to changed out springs/dampeners, just like I will make some spring changes depending on the course conditions, the baja 1000 may have been something they didnt plan the run the projected springs rates in so they were changed, but do you think anyone will buy the truck to try and compete in the baja 1000, I dont.