View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #28
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I said factory lift option, much more than 6" of travel, and I also said platform to platform. You can buy a factory lifted F150 with a warranty that will out jump a Raptor. Adam is right.
There is no such thing as a factory lift kit. Sure, there are dealer installed lift kits but those consist of drop brackets for the front and lift blocks for the rear. Go ahead and buy a new Silverado here's one http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false. Oh wait, that's $51,514 and you haven't even had the dealer add the lift kit. Well, then you'll need new rims and tires to go with it because those stock ones will just look silly. Now you've spent $60,000 just to have a lifted truck with the same 6 inches of travel. Why do you think I did a solid axle swap on the Explorer. I didn't just want the truck higher, I wanted more suspension travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You didn't read my post carefully enough. I said that Wranglers are better for 4 wheeling (rock crawling) but Raptors are better for jumping (and woops)!
Who says 4 wheeling has to be in the rocks. I'd say 75% of the wheeling I do isn't rock crawling. Go back and watch the video of the Motorgen offroad run and let me know how much time we spent rock crawling. Maybe I just don't really go 4 wheeling. A Raptor would be a great truck for that 75% of the time.