View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 02:06 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
In all seriousness, EVO are actually pretty good track cars. They are definately well rounded (handling/ power/ brakes) and capable of running with boxxers and some 911s.

For anyone that is interested in going to the track with me here is the price breakdown:

1 day ~ $135
2 Days~ $250
Optional transponder rental is $30, but you are not allowed to rent them in the junior rungroups.

Helmets are a must. Each day you get 3x 20 minute sessions and 1x 25 minute session at the end. this is actually a great deal since they use the fees that we pay to subsidise some of the racers (BMW/ Porsche CUP cars, American Irons/ AIX, Camero Mustang Challenge, Time trials, Super sevens, ETC......). That great because the racers are tasked to be driving instructors in between there sessions/ races. That mean there will mostlikely be someone there that has alot of expierence running a car similar to what you are running.

Buttonwillow: They run it in primarily 2 configurations
1) clockwise with the lost hill and with out the Star Mazda corner
2) Counterclockwise with teh star mazda corner.

Willow spring: Only runfull course Clockwise. I was reaching 145mph on hte front straight with the stock motor and run flats!

I go with NASA PRO Racing which is a nation wide organization that hits just about every major track. If you've ever been autocrossing you will never go back after just one of these events.
thats actually a good price...... ive only seen one cheaper at $105 and it was an evo track day the forum organized years ago with a bunch of us but there really wasnt to much time to run for each car. oh ya and i got a freakin flat tire when we got there :-(

anywho buttonwillow is to far for may blood to drive but im down for willow springs or horse thief mile.

and one day i would really love to go around laguna saca! if i ever find myself in that area and im prepared to run my car im gonna have too just to experience it