View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 02:14 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
Yep, same here. All they need is some chemistry for the live bits and original challenges.
People forget sometimes that TG in its current form took years and years to evolve, with different hosts over time. I think some more chemistry might evolve over some time with these guys. We'll see. But it's not bad for a start. I thought Adam Corolla would have been an obvious guy to get, but he's much more known, and having one "start" might have messed up the equilibrium of these three guys. On a side note, I think Ezra Dyer (Automobile) might be a good future candidate.

So far the skits are pretty much directly derivative of the BBC version, but that's an obviously smart place to start for a variety of reasons. There's a lot of things the guys could do that are way more American, that the BBC guys either couldn't or wouldn't do, for example.

- Dirt track, Midget Car, etc.
- Monster Trucks
- Unlimited Trucks, or anything Baja oriented
- Pike's Peak
- Texas Mile
- Silverstate Classic
- Grass Roots 1/4 Mile
- Week of speed at the Salt Flats
- Americans are WAY more into modifying their own cars; and have a hot rod history the Europeans just read about. Lots of opportunities.

Also, the Europeans are pretty snotty about all the great roads they have (and they certainly do), but they seem to think everything here is just a desert hwy in straight lines. Uh, no. We probably have as many or more miles of great roads as they have in all of Europe.

They should hire me as a consultant.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)