View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Ron fabbed the cage, with the help of a friend for the Snake. It was mild steel . Fabbing in chromoly requires annealing the welds AIR. I'm interested in getting a pipe bender, and other related stuff, but I'm also interestd in eating regularly which is a bit sketchy at the moment. Depedning on timeline, we could work something out as a project and it'd be a hoot. If your timeline pushes up, Sean has an old neibhor friend who is (was) a full time full cage fabricator who can do anything.

But wouldn't a larger more thermodynamically brake setup also not wear nearly as fast?

Giving props where they are do, Adam is very good with paint. What he managed to do as a first run at his Vette is impressive as hell. Obviuosly, flares and wheels increases the badassness of the Badass c6.

At least it's not a Ferrari. Lol. Mmm, I wonder if you could adapt the oil cooler from an FC? They had them standard, probably the other generations too.
Cage: Appropriate PMs will be sent as I get closer. I have decent funds, but to have a shop do the work would mean paying a huge premium. Tools I can afford, 100/hour no good.

Big aftermarket brakes do last longer, but any savings is offset in the high rotor and pad cost.

Oil cooler: I will be fabricating something. I was hoping someone has done this on a c6 already?

Paint: I haven't seen Adam's car in real life, but I have heard that it nice. I'm going from black to flat black so it shouldn't be much of a challenge for anyone (but me).
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter