View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
. . The cage will be a chromoly cage that I'm going to peer pressure Ron and Ben into helping me make.
Ron fabbed the cage, with the help of a friend for the Snake. It was mild steel . Fabbing in chromoly requires annealing the welds AIR. I'm interested in getting a pipe bender, and other related stuff, but I'm also interestd in eating regularly which is a bit sketchy at the moment. Depedning on timeline, we could work something out as a project and it'd be a hoot. If your timeline pushes up, Sean has an old neibhor friend who is (was) a full time full cage fabricator who can do anything.

Quote:
-brakes will be a nice to have (unfortunately) and will weight after I figure out my operating cost. At 3447 lbms driver and car (wet) I was going through pads and rotors so fast that anything really nice is cost prohibitive. I'm hoping with weight down and the new cooling ducts that they will last long enough to make a larger set-up a viable option.
But wouldn't a larger more thermodynamically brake setup also not wear nearly as fast?

Quote:
-Finally, I'm debating pushing for the rear zo6/zr1 fenders which will let me run 345 series tires. This will require paint, but the car need paint now anyways. Stand bye for PM Adam.
Giving props where they are do, Adam is very good with paint. What he managed to do as a first run at his Vette is impressive as hell. Obviuosly, flares and wheels increases the badassness of the Badass c6.

Quote:
I could use a hand fabricating a oil cooler since everything I find online is well north of fucking $600 for a corvette.
At least it's not a Ferrari. Lol. Mmm, I wonder if you could adapt the oil cooler from an FC? They had them standard, probably the other generations too.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)