Thread: Jesus!
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 01:18 AM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraperio View Post
One day I was going up Azusa canyon on my bike to hit the GMR for some fun after work. I stopped at that shitty little Arco off the freeway to fill up, $10 maybe $15. The next day my debit card (B of A) was frozen. I called to figure out why and there was debit fraud on it at the station. They showed the $10-15 transaction then a few minutes later someone tried to put $200 through on it. The bank luckily saw it as suspicious activity (I only rode a bike at the time, occasionally filled up my brothers car, never anything over ~$40 at a gas station tho) and froze the card.

I don't know if it was the attendant or the stations owner had some sort of scam going. Never went back to that station tho.

After that it sent my banks automated fraud protection into overdrive and ended up freezing my card whenever I went out of town or made any sort of big purchase.
Who knows. There's lots of ways to get those numbers. I have a friend who will sometimes just sniff unencrypted network traffic and there's all kinds of financial data flying around. This is pretty common at restaurants that use wireless ordering/payment systems.

At times I travel a fair bit and it sometimes results in amusing situations where I'll have one purchase in one city in the morning, then at a restaurant/bar later at night the same day thousands of miles away and it's legit. But because it's not all the time, it gets flagged. So I'm tired and possibly drunkish in a loud environment trying to explain what happened.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)