View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 01:41 AM   #49
I, Vettezuki

Excellent advice ultraperio. My first (and to date only) bike is a Suzuki Bandit 1200S. I think it's a great beginner bike if you have a brain, though I routinely recommend the SV650 as the probably the best overall, and even the Ninja 250 for anyone worried about bike power to weight. The Bandit makes so much torque you can sort of ride it like a car, no need to rev the throttle to get around. Most of my time is very part throttle. It's nothing like a modern liter bike (I've ridden an 08' Gixxer), but still has plenty of umph to get you going. Roughly a high 11 1/4 at 118mph or so. Comfortable to ride, etc. They're also cheap.

Adam, one extra thing to consider is that insurance on sport bikes is going to be much higher than "universals" like the Bandit, etc.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)