View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #31
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
16ft, 850lbs less motor. Trailer should be around 450, motor around 500, and the Jet is about 80. So that puts me in the 2K lb range, which is what a class 1 hitch it rated to.

I might just buy a class 1 hitch and weld some bracing on it for strength. But I have thought a lot about going diesel. Diesels are so good on fuel. Ideally I'd like to have a long travel Ranger with a 4cyl turbo diesel.
Diesel can also run on biodiesel, which can be made out of a whole bunch of stuff, which might come in handy when . . .

Actually, since you are into redneck tech, you could go fab up a pretty simple processing station using an old water heater and some plumbing bits. Assuming you can get free used grease from restaraunts (some will let you come and get it for free), you can make your own bio-diesel for something like $0.30/gal. Caveats: Used grease smells like a$$ and for some stupid reason most fire departments have some rules regarding the operation of small refineries in one's garage.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)