View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #25
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Let's change this up a bit since everyone has an opinion on what it will take to get their cars in the 10's. How many of you are running what you thought your car would run before you took it to the track. How about the hp? Does it make as much as you thought it would? I'll start.

For the Chevelle, when I started building the engine I thought it would run in the 11.70-11.80 range. My best time on the engine has been an 11.11. So it's faster than I thought it would be. However, when I was building the engine I predicted it would make around 550hp at the flywheel and I put down 461hp at the wheels.

The Cobra made more hp then I thought. I thought it would make about 400rwhp and it made 433 with the supercharger belt slipping. As for the time it's right where I thought it would be with a best of 11.69.
I'm going to through this out there. My car has run a best of 12.3 @120. Which is slower than i thought. Makes 460 rwhp with 417 rw ft-lbs. I thought the MPH would be faster, but I've only ran the car this summer at Firebird internaitonal raceway and California Speedway. I don't know how much the car will run on a sticky track with temps less than the mid nineties.

You can make the aguement that your car runs faster than what you thought, but you drag race your car regularly. It's also a drag race car. I built my car for road courses.

By the way No way that Cobra was only pullied!