View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
You need to find out what correction factor they used on the Dynapack. You can see that they used the SAE J1349 correction factor on the Dynojet. The standard for it is Air temp 77 deg F (25 deg C), 29.235 Inches- Hg (990 mb) altitude-corrected barometric pressure, 0 ft ( 0 m) altitude, 0% relative humidity. So say it was a 95 degrees outside with low pressure and high humidity the correction factor could be something like 1.146. If they didn't use a correction factor on the Dynapack then with the 1.146 correction the horsepower would then be 446.72.
The dynosheet says SAE correction if that helps. I mainly see the dynos as a tool to see what changes in the tq curve any mod give the cars. I seek to maximize the area under the tq curve not necessarily have the highest peak power. I know a few dyno queens that have very impressive peak numbers but are crappy to drive on the streets. Both dynosheets show an increase in tq at low rpm which was what I was seeking along with drivablity improvements.
All three times the temps were between 68 in the morning to 74 in the early afternoon. I ran the car in April and June.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z