View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #13

I went directly to CAT. Spectre Performance was able to get a 36whp gain on a Mustang dyno in Ontario when the outside temp was over 100F. Mustang dyno's read lower than the dynojet and the heat that was coming out of my engine compartment was tremendous and I can hear the engine pulling timing. I am quite confident in cooler temps and on a dynojet with an intake that does not have weld flashing in the airflow will give me the 40whp that I am hoping for. The cone filter replacing the stock air filter assembly gave a 16whp bump in power alone. The rest of the piping from the MAF rearward gave the rest of the bump in power. Without all the silencing from the stock set up the supercharger whine is incredible once you get more than about 6 lbs of boost. When I took the car on a test drive in over 100F heat I saw the boost gauge peg, 15lbs in second gear.
I plan on taking the car back over to CAT when the new intake is installed to make sure that I don't have a lean condition and see if any more tweaking is needed. Then I plan on running the car at Superior again to see what gains the dynojet records.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z