View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Hypertrophy?

I started to change my work out, such as it is a about a week ago. I wanna get buff just like you. That way the next time I get in a debate over Hobbesean fallacies I can just flex while my opponent is trying to make his points.
Haha, I'm not buff. Getting there mm by mm every year though. It's difficult if you're not on steroids. Every buff guy I have ever talked to has admit using steroids. I was even talking to this guy a few months ago in the gym, asking for some advice. And he gives me his routine (which I'm thinking in my head is woefully insufficient) and then he finishes off by saying "...and you gotta juice it." Nice, thanks buddy.

Bennn, you need to PUUUMP, so we can be SUPER BUFF CLLLONNNESSS, and we can make a SUPER SHASH HIT MOVIE! HE YAR.

Hypertrophy is what you do for size. Dating a doctor of physical therapy for two years has taught me A LOT about working out. I used to think, lift heavy weight low reps for size, maybe 12-15 sets, and lift lighter weight a bunch of times, same amount of sets, for definition. WRONG. We can chat and I will share some info with you.