View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #29
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
1.25! Crazy, I think that is overkill. Especially for the uppers. I could see doing it for the lowers.
That's an engineering question. If you go slamming around in the desert you're talking about some extraordinary forces. I'm not in the habit of guessing about things when it comes to structural engineering. These are well understood problems. If you don't buy it, have an engineer do a SolidWorks mock-up and plug in the pieces and model the forces at work. Bet you'll be surprised.

Quote:
Half of that stuff I would find used or online cheap. I'm not paying $2K for coilovers. That's when you go to the Pomona swap meet and pick up a set off the guy parting out his long travel Silverado to pay off his bail money. But yeah, I think I'll hang on to my boat for now.
I salute your resourcefulness. If you ain't go the cash, time and effort can bridge quite a gap.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)