View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestSpade View Post
I'm not the best person at writing so I will try to make this as short as possible. I have a 07 GT and I was... let down by the 2011 5.0? The car accelerated really nice and it felt like it was on a track (Straight), the interior was clean looking, the gearbox was really solid and made shifting nice and simple but I dont really know how to describe what I didn't like. I am not some hardcore gearhead and I dont know a whole lot about cars but I was sorta bored with it. In my Mustang I just have more fun, the creaky gearbox when taking off, the kick back when I shift the whole looseness of the car. The 5.0 was very neat and precise it felt like it could drive itself I barely felt bumps in the road. I didn't like that.. please try not to flame I love what the new one represents in technology but for some reason I just dont like it. anyone else test drive one yet?
Sorry, little tangent there. I haven't test driven it, but can easily imagine what your'e talking about. One of the things I like about my old Vette is fairly direct feeling I get driving. It's manual everything except vacuum assist breaks. No electronic nothing. Pretty light, stiffly sprung. Somehow I managed to get it about right, though there are always things I'd do to tweak.

You should note however, that as far as what you're describing for handling some of that can be addressed with hardened suspension and tires (road feel). It won't ever be as loose as an older Mustang.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)