View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
I'll start by saying that I have not driven the 5.0.

Internally, I still struggle with the idea of buying a vintage 60's muscle car and restoring it with all of the imperfections of that particular era, versus getting something like the new 5.0 with what technology has to offer today.
I love the old school look and feel of those cars and it reminds me of a simpler time....but damn - reminiscing is one thing and horsepower and handling is something else. Guess I'll need one of each.
You can do a hybrid like I did. There are so many great aftermarket parts for these platforms now you can really hit a pretty remarkable level of current technology and performance, with all the style and swagger of days gone by. I'd love to do 60s fastback with the modern 5.0 for example, and one of the many suspension packages now available. The only thing you really can't bring up close to modern day is safety. They just aren't going to hold up in a crash the same way modern unibody's with the benefit of decades of engineering and airbags etc. But if you want to build a high performance, good handling, dead reliable old school Mustang, we have the technology.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)