View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #60
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by iespeed View Post
I have not been out in a couple of years, but if this turns into something that I still enjoy doing. I am interested in 45-70, 30-40 krag and probably 38-55. Would need not more than 80 rounds of each at a time. I am checking into max breech pressures for each paticular rifle. Probably would be wanting to mix and match, whether I am punching targets or trying to hurt my friends shoulders! I might still check into my own loading setup, me and my dad loaded our own ammo for alot of years. But like I said, that will depend on whether shooting still rocks my world. Oh yeah, prices. Well I'm paying about $40 for 20 45-70, have not checked into the 38-55 yet and the 30-40 I can not purchase yet. National backorder since Nov. '09. But those were going for about $30 for 20. What if I bought the dies? would that help the bottom line?
Man you were serious about antique!

As for dies, that lowers cost a whole bunch, and if there isn't a market sufficient market for these rounds, that'd make all the difference in the world. Another way to do the same thing is just commit to an initial purchase of rounds suffecient to cover cost. It's the same to you cost wise, but you end with a bunch more ammo.

Let me do a little research. The brass ain't cheap that's for sure. Do you have any?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)