View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 02:26 AM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Now you're scaring me Ben, you're really reaching for it. Are you above defeat?

Insurance rates are for the most part static. You can't factor in a slight rate change when were talking about passing millions of dollars of theft onto the consumer. If the rates increased that much, there would be no need for insurance. And once again, regardless of whether or not the rates increased, gas stations must compete. Trying to pass the cost on to the consumer will only cause them to fill up across the street.
I'm talking about the concept of theft losses being passed on to consumers in general. Sure, some scum of the earth who should be shot in the knee caps and left for dead in the deserts steals a tanker of gas, that cost as a one time will be eaten. Piracy on a regular basis will not. I work for a multi-national multi-billion dollar company and I'll tell you this much: EVERY EXPENSE THE COMPANY INCURS, INCLUDING PIRATE INSURANCE (SERIOUSLY), IS FACTORED INTO PRODUCT PLANS AND IMPACTS COSTS PAID BY DISTRIBUTORS RETAIL OUTLETS AND ULTIMATELY BY CONSUMERS . . . PERIOD. IT'S A FACT. I know it's a popular Hollywood theme. Steal from the big guys, nobody really gets hurt . . . it's covered by insurance, yada yada yada. You're a sucker if you think that's the way it really goes down at higher levels over time.

Car insurance rates, workers comp, medicare all have rates that are inflated as a function of fraud, a category of theft. This is extensively documented.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)