View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You're funny. I don't think there is a meaningful internal loss for gas at the commercial level, so it's not as relevant as other retail businesses. However, in their case I imagine the retail outlet *may* have to eat the markup from the refinery depending on their market. Anyway, maybe you eat the cost, or maybe its some nice little mom and pop service station . . . it ain't "big oil" if it's the idea of piracy that excites you.

Actually, this kind of piracy and black market activity is endemic to festering 3rd world shit holes. Ironically, many are propagandized and deluded into believing this is the consequence of poverty when in fact it is one of the main propagators thereof.
How would the franchise be responsible for the loss before taking delivery? Realistically the insurance company would eat it, either the oil's insurance company or the trucking insurance company. Assuming the oil companies hired someone to transport it rather than funding their own transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
I saw the first one only. I had no desire to see anymore. But if Vin is in the next one I'll have to rent it for Jiggles. Then I'll watch it with her because she'll be naked.
You bastard. I'm all alone... where's my vaseline?!