View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
LS is a bit heavier than the SR ( about 50 pounds, from what i could gather, once you factor in the weights of the turbo set up for the sr and their respective transmissions ) as far as the durability of the silvia rear end dont know, nobody keeps it :P all the swaps ive seen have ford 9 inch rears.
From what I've been able to gather a fully dressed SR20DET with trans is about 450 and full LS/T56 is about 550. So about 100pounds, not a huge a difference. But just eyeballing it, it looks like a fair bit of that weight with an LS will be hanging over the front axle unless you really cut up the firewall and push it back into the cab.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)