View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #37
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
He always told me that on the average a cop lives 5 years past retirement. I would be curious as to what the average age of retirement for a cop was.
Total BS. Though I don't recall the exact number, in CA it's the same as regular people. Also, it's not nearly as dangerous as they'd like to make you believe sometimes, I don't think it even ranks in the top 10 dangerous jobs. Things like being a commercial fisherman are WAY more dangerous.

Quote:
On another note. My co-workers boyfriend's dad was a highly decorated CHP for like 30 years and within a week of retiring he was approached by the Marshals and now pulls down like $75K a year on top of his pension!
That was the other part I was avoiding for fear of aneurysm. It gets better, some guys will put 20 years in the military, 25 in as a PO, get two pensions, and get appointed to some "committee" etc., and literally be pulling in 100s of thousands per year. Meanwhile, Rome burns.

Don't get me wrong. I'm an absolute red blooded capitalist. I have no problem with people making good (market dictated) salaries. I have a problem with contractually guaranteed pensions balanced on the back of the tax payer. Make your wage, do what you will with it, like us peasants and save/invest your own money.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)