Thread: Seatbelt Laws
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #90
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You're defending a black rapist with a prior. Your perrogative is to select only black males in their 20s.

You have a room full of 19 jurors, you're allowed to cut at least three, so is the prosecution, without cause. The prosecution cuts the only three black males in their twenties.

You're left with an old black woman, asians, whites and mexicans. Please select as many black males in their twenties as you can. Go.
And how many cases throughout history have been contested or were controversial because the jury wasn't suffeciently representive of the accused? What you state still ain't random. It's an attempt at something like randomness.

And one more time. My objection isn't the objective of a jury system (a perfectly noble and in fact classically liberal/libertarian objective of equality before the law, etc.) it is to the conscriptive nature. That's it really. It is a higher value to me to not be forced to do something I object to than the utilitarian arguments in favor of conscriptive jury service. That's all really.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)