Thread: Seatbelt Laws
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #82
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
-You could make a CARB legal kit for the Camaro I'm sure. Nobody has done it because it's difficult. Why don't you make one and put it through? Nobody is stopping you just because it hasn't been done.
Guess who loves the CARB cert process? You guessed it, the big boys like Edlebrock? Why? It puts smaller less well capitalized competitors out of business. This is to a great extent the history of regulatory law in the US. You think it's about protecting you don't you.

How about a sensible law, one based on the object of the law. That is the emissions your car actually puts out. The individual's implementation of power plant is irrelevant. Pass the sniffer. If it's a turbine that burns peanut butter, what does it matter.

Quote:
I can only imagine what kind of food we would have with no regulation.
Good food. Like bacon wrapped hot dogs that used to be sold in LA for decades and decades. Not anymore. Some nanny decided that in order to sell bacon wrapped hot dogs you'd have to have a $26,000 specialized cart. Mind you, the public kept going back to the same vendors for years and years. The government shut them down. Can you explain why? I can't. I can drown you in examples like this.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)