View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Smart ass! So what you're saying is because you spent $15,000 to have someone build your engine to make 550rwhp that it is better than say Adam's Vette that probably makes the same amount or my buddies GTO that does make the same amount just because they did the work themselves for a 1/3 of what you spent? And the only reason my cars are fast is because of slicks? It doesn't have anything to do with the way I built the engines? Should I have paid someone else to do it? Should I also assume that means you don't think I can build an engine that can make 1000 horsepower? Well, I guess we'll see someday when I build another engine for the Chevelle.
Dude you state the obvious and then get worked up. Relax.

Those are nice motors that are built to make "ok" power for a very limited period of time. Road racing is more expensive. Shit has to handle heat soak and and extended use. Your friends motor is nice, but how long do you think it will last on a road course?

Yes, I spent a lot of money for a 550 rwhp motor. I spent a lot of money on a motor that will last years racing. Can the motor handle more power?? Yes for the same money I could have gone with higher compression and a much more aggressive cam. But that would be self defeating. I am limited by the power to weight limits on TTU. I'm there with a motor that will last.

Aren't you getting ready to start racing Ron????? Get ready it get's expensive with rules buddy.