Thread: Truck debate.
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 07:59 PM   #22
Internet Tough Guy

Seriously, it's like you can buy any 2008 for less than $35k. I get the vette back this week. I will be posting my truck for sale on E-bay after that and buying a new truck.

-The Fords have a MUCH better interior than any other truck, but I have heard from several people about the 6.4 having issues. Seriously, it has a better interior than my buddies E350 or his 996TT.

-The Dodge's have the Cumming's and they just look mean. I haven't heard any issues with them at all. I haven't been happy with the reliability of my 1500. It's a 2003 and I already had to replace the transmission Valve body, water pump, power steering pump, O2 sensors, shocks, 1 key fob, the driver seat motor, and finally 1 power window switch. Also my Dash is starting to crack. I would hate to buy a truck with a 1000000 mile drive train and I am dying to get rid of it at the 100k point because the interior is fucked.

-The Duramax will probably get my vote. I'm going to try to whore myself to Chevrolet dealers for some sponsorship money for racing. Also have the lowest ownership cost. I have been happy with the reliability of the vette. I rape it like a 14 year old girl at the Puerto Rican Day Parade, but at 33K I have gone through:
8 sets of tires
too many brake pads to count
6 sets of rotors
1 driver seat back
1 clutch slave cylinder
3 sets of rims
1 top end motor upgrade
1 complete new motor
2 cat back exhaust
1 tire pressure monitor failure
everything in the suspension except the A arms, bushings and rear sway bar.
1 front fender

The reality was that I was solid in 2nd place last year until the mechanical failures took me out last year.