Thread: Truck debate.
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
Internet Tough Guy

Default Truck debate.

Well I am having some debates. I am buying a 24' enclosed trailer to tow and store the vette and all my racing equipment. I currently have a 2003 Dodge ram 1500 quad cab with 109,000 miles. It has a 8300 lbm tow rating. It is enough, but just barely. Also I just had to replace the transmission valve body $1.2K.

1) 3-1 year old 2500s are for sale now at $ $25-35K depending on diesel and 4wd. I can get $8k for my truck if I sell it $6.5K on a trade in.

2) I can order a Edlebrock intake, headers, cold air intake, and cat back for $1K from summit and install it to help it deal with the weight of the car and trailer.

The other question for the truck guys is diesel? 15-25% increase in fuel efficiency is offset by the increased cost of the truck and the higher cost of the fuel. So cost wise if not advantageous. Is the extra torque that useful? Would you do it again? I will not be modifying or racing the truck. It will be my daily driver and tow rig.

Please chime in unless you a fucking idiot or have never towed anything or owned a truck before.