View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
Super Moderator

I won't vote because I've never owned one. But I ask riders every chance I get since I'm now in the market for one. This is what I've heard:

I talked to two hardcore rider kinda guys, both friends, one had the R6, the other had the GSXR. They said that they were both as fast as eachother and that they both handled the same, but they both liked the R6 better. They said that it was more comfortable and more narrow (therefore easier to maneuver at slow speeds).

But then I talked with a guy on the last motorgen cruise, and I'm pretty sure that he used to own an R6, but says that he prefers the GSXR.

Someone told me that the CBRs were cheaply made, but then again he was a Harley lover and a Honda hater. So take that with a grain of salt.

I've heard that the new Ninjas (650s) get close to 50 mpg, while the older Ninjas (636s) get about 35 mpg. I've also heard that the GSXR and the R6 get about 35 mpg, but these numbers are all from throttle happy riders.

Aesthetically, my favorite is the limited production Pearl Suzuki Deep Blue and Solid Black GSXR 750s. Buy me one Ben.