View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #10
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Well here are my $0.02.

1) I like the addition of before the TB. It is always best to keep oil and fluids out of the intake track. LS motors have this problem and we use CC with oil separators. THey go for ~$70.

2) Venturi setup: These are use a lot of ship's to draw a vacuum on our main condensers (steam) We run steam through the Venturi and draw a strong vacuum that removes non-condensable gasses from the condenser. I would say if you are going to experiment with this install a differential pressure gage to measure the delta between across the venturi and a pressure gage upstream of the venturi to measure the pressure build up between it and the turbo. The DP cell will indicate the motive force for the venturi. The upstream pressure gage will indicate the cost you are paying for having the venturi in since you will have least potential across the turbine wheel. Finally I would find something prevent it from sucking up oil. Like weld in a baffle close to the suction. Every ejection pump (it's the laymans term for what you want to install) has a strong suction it would be possible (with a good venturi) to suck the oil pan dry VERY quickly. SUrface ships actually use them for dewatering flooded spaces.
NOW we're talking!!!

CC = Ebay, 30 bucks shipped 750ml whoot!!!

Ok onto the important stuff... I happen to know that there are at least 1 or 2 srts and multiple other race cars (race not street cars) that are running a venturi setup to the exhaust. Don't have a way to contact them though.

here you mentioned:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
The upstream pressure gage will indicate the cost you are paying for having the venturi in since you will have least potential across the turbine wheel.
can you clarify this for me? are you suggesting a power loss by using this system? I'm really wanting to try this, maybe hook up a vacuum gauge to my DP (have an extra bung I can use actually) and see how much it's pulling. If its in a good range i'd like to give it a shot and see whats up. it'll be valve cover to CC to check Valve to exhaust.

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!