View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Measured Backpressure on the Vette

Long saga, but finally thanks to ThrottleCrazy and 94cobra69ss296 got to measure the back pressure on my Vette. It has some "resistance to flow". It's about 1 psi on idle and 3psi at full throttle. The cats are the main issue, but unfortunately with recent CA law those have to be EO numbered. I could put on a set of LT headers and hi-flow cats and keep the stock stuff for "contingencies" and probably pick up a fair bit of power. I'm at 391WHP now. The motor with headers and hi flow cats (but an LS1 and not LS6 intake) and a few other differences, made about 430 WHP. It's a guess, but I'm think LT headers, hi flow cats, (maybe a new set of injectors as at least one of my is dodgy sometimes) should put conservatively at 410+ I would think

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)