View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec_graves View Post
I'll make it to nick's, hopefully I'm not the only one representing the import crowd
Hey man, I am not going to be at the meet... but one of these days we should talk because I want to put a K20 in my 'teg one of these days

In other news, I was on the RET dyno today. I have to say, that is probably the nicest shop I've ever seen. They have TWO dynos, giant LCD screens that everyone can see, the place is clean, they appear to have an engine dyno/clean-room as well. The guys running the show were very nice to boot. I bet the neighbors were loving us today, there were tons of loud/fast cars and the noise from the dyno can be heard 1/2 block away or more (depending on the car).

My car put down a max of 298 whp/257 wtq, on the first pass. I'm losing some tq/power up top, and after the 1st pass I bumped up my timing a few degrees...

The other two runs were at about 10-20 less on both hp/tq, in spite of the advanced timing, it makes you realize how important it is to keep a turbo/supercharged car's intercooler working. I was just looking at my data logs and on the first pass when my motor and IC were still cold, my air intake temps (IAT's) didn't change at all during the entire run (like it would normally on the street), they were 40*C (~104*F). The 2nd pass had a bit hotter AIT, about 50*C (~20*F increase). The 3rd pass, I was seeing the temps increase during the run, that never happens to me on the street. I start pulling timing at 60*C, and AITs climbed to about 62*C.

I took some vids of the other cars, and some pics, I will post them as soon as I can. There was an orange Mustang Cobra with little aerodynamic fins on the rear roof... that had to be the most insane car I saw. Video will be posted later.

Also I got to meet Sean (C55 AMG) and Matt (S2000) today... will see you guys again at a future event.

EDIT: Oh, and much props for Sean taking the time to video, I know it's a long day for him. And congrats to the other Sean (Plunk) on the kid

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.