View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #70
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Adam,
here is what I would do:
- research the c3 suspension and see if they are any major faults that cause the over steering. A good example of this would be the older mustang LCAs. They would flex them bins under load causing snap over steer. A simple parts swap would get you 90 percent there.
- next get the car corner balanced and try to get as close to 50/50 as possible. You cand do this by jacking up on corner and forcing it to carry more load.
-Then take the car for a ride with a friend that can drive. Maybe Ron. I'm not saying you can drive, but it helps to have someone with some track time there to make sure that the problem isn't a driver input issue.
Set your air pressure at 32 to start. Take it on a windy cruise. Every 20 minutes measure you tire pressure. When hot bleed them both to 36. Then adjust the pressure to make the car handle neutral. Go in half pound increments. Try to stay between 32 and 36. If you need to vary the pressure my more than 2# front to back then its time to start making other adjustments to sway bars or shifting weight. Easier still is to play with the tire sizes. If you can get your hands on a Pyrometer with a probe then you are money. I like to measure the temps in the inner center and outer part of the tire to make sure I'm using the whole contact patch. Also I check to ensure that the tires are getting to the manufacturers recommended temperature operating band. This way I know that In getting the most out of my tires. So I will go as far to say that is is best to start as close to 50/50.
Being this hardcore I take it you're running some of those 3K mile tires on the street?