View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #69
Super Moderator

I know about the toe out, when the halfshaft move above the 90 degree mark, and continues to compress, the wheel moves up the arc, pulling the back of the trailing arms in, causing toe out. If the car is high enough, compressing will result in toe in which is what you want. (The shaft will move up the arc approacing 90 degrees, pushing the arm out.)

I had my alignment guy set the car with toe in with this in mind. And my suspension is so damn stiff, I don't see it compressing all that much anyways. My car will slide before it dips too much. I've never noticed a problem with the geometry issue personally, after I lowered it to the point that it was technically an issue.

Carlos, thanks for the info. I'll keep those numbers in mind. As far as the oversteer is concerned, I like a little bit. I prefer it over understeer. And I'm no pro, as you know. My car can out perform my abilities as a driver both in a straight line and around a corner. So I'm really not too worried about it. It's fun for me, that's all I'm after.

That and proving to Ben that he's wrong. Hahahaha.