View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 01:34 AM   #146
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraperio View Post
Another option you might want to look into is a guy in the 7 community was building subframes to fit an IRS dana 36/44 out of a C4 into the FD and FC. I'll look to see if i can find his page/thread(been a few years since i've heard anything) but this will enable you to keep the IRS and open up all kinds of gearing options. The other, more common way to go would be the cobra 8.8 irs swap. there's guys that make subframes already and you can pick up the complete 8.8 setup for about $1k.
Hot damn! Consider yourself volunteered. My current thinking is the 8.8 IRS setup, but I thought total cost pushed $2k, by the time you were done with the half shaft work etc.? I seriously considered the TII diff as it does seem to be strong, but we'll be talking a torque monster on sticky rubber and it seems 450WHP is more the real world break point. At least that's what I found. Putting the TII is tribial and cheap compared to the 8.8" . . . that's for damn sure.

BTW, This project was put on a kind of back burner as my wife left her gig about a year ago now and we decided now is a great time to start a small business. It's working out ok, and all the foot work is done on that, but still hemorrhaging play money. Nevertheless, I'm hell bent to keep pushing on this as I can and one the play money comes back on line, it'll be totally focused on this project.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)