Thread: Snow Cruise
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
We need to find some places I can bring my truck to. Either that or you guys can keep pulling me out when my truck gets stuck. I now wish I had a 4x4 and not a 2WD.
When I was in the Oregon Forestry service, many of our firetrucks were 2WD with a posi or locker installed. That with 150-250 gallons of water we used to get the truck in all kinds of places without getting stuck. We did get busted for mud running the trucks once because although we washed the trucks before we returned to the station, we forgot to wash the engine compartment. When our foreman opened the hood, the engine was a block of mud. Our favorite was the 1973 Chevy dually with the 454. Our regular firetruck was a 1967 Ford F500 with a big 6, 5speed and dual range rear end. It carried 650 gallons of water.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z