Thread: New gears!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #73
Graphics B*tch

So I finally gave up with messing with the tuner to try and fix my problem and decided to contact SCT. They said I needed to select the JLT Intake option and then realized that I did not have a 05+, when they started including this feature. Their user manual said that their preloaded tunes will work with minor modifications such as cold air kits and more free flowing exhaust and other basic mods and now SCT is telling me to fix my problem I am going to need to go to a custom tune for my car. I spend all this money on a tuner and then for a basically stock car have to get a custom tune! That is bullshit in my opinion. I am not happy. I told them this and he said to fix the problem I should be able to bump up the WOT fuel and drop the 4K-6K timing 2-4 degrees and that SHOULD fix the problem (like has been recommended by you guys). Still not a happy camper, even if this works. Take that claim off your manual that an intake, muffler, and other basic mods will work with your preloaded tunes if they do not.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten