View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #46
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Ok, excuse me, generation, not model. Is Sean's a different generation of Mustang than yours because it has different suspension? I mean, if all it takes is a suspension change to change the model generation, then Sean's is also a different generation of Mustang right?

And are the 4x4 rangers with torsion bars instead of coil springs a different generation too?
Nope I would not argue that Sean's is a different generation. True he has an independent rear but nobody would look at his car and my car and think they are different body styles/generations if they knew anything about mustangs. Just the same way that anyone who knew anything about rangers would not think that the 99 edge is a different generation than a 99 2WD ranger. 4x4 is kind of like the argument about the differences in Cobra to Mach 1 to GT. Most people know that a 4x4 suspension is different in some way than a 2WD. Since you are not going to let this go I will just say this. The 93-97 may not be a different generation than a 98 to current but there I will not stop arguing that the 98 to current are in a different classification in my eyes then a 93-97.

Take these examples. If said said I wanted a 2nd gen ranger then I would ask i-beam or a-arm because that is a BIG difference. Much the same way if someone said I want a Cobra I would ask if you wanted a Terminator (03-04) or another year Cobra for example, because there is a big difference. There would need to be clarification of the vague statements.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten