View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #52

So I'm heading towards the Palouse country of S.E. Wa. on a dead straight 2 lane road with the sun setting in my rearview mirrors. Just picked up a sixpack of tallboys for less than you can buy a pint in Ak. Life is eeeeeeeasy. There's a tractor trailer comin up towards me and just as we meet, this Streetglide goes flyin by at about 90 -splittin' the difference between me and the truck. Right on the yellow line. I couldn't see him coming up behind me due to the sun an' all, but as he passed I could sure see the three-piece patch on the back of his vest. Miles roll by and I'm hoping there aren't 30 more of them up ahead just dyin' to hear the story of the asshole outa-stater who wouldn't move over to share the lane when I see him pulled off at an abandoned gas station. So naturally I stop to see what'll happen next. While having top and bottom rockers on your club's patch generally means you're not as socially house-broke as most, this fella turned out to be a pretty nice guy. Asked how he was doin' an he says just fine. Tell him I woulda given him some room if I coulda seen through the glare in my mirrors. He laughs and says it's all good -plenty of room! So we spend about twenty minutes havin a dip and shootin the shit. Bikes, Sturgis, weather, bikes... It's gettin on towards dark and there are deer all over this country so we hit the road. He goes on to Lewiston, and I peel off at the Snake River on the Wa side for some beer and shuteye.

I'm happy to hear there's still some interest in this tale, I'll post some more pics and stuff when I get home from the oilfield. Take care all.

Last edited by Japhy : 12-21-2009 at 11:37 AM.