View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #13

When my clutch was worn on my SHO the first symptom to appear was grinding engaging reverse because the gears were still spinning slightly because the clutch was not completely disengaging the transmission from the engine. Shifting into first then reverse helped, but eventually I had to replace the clutch. I still had material left on my clutch the problem was that crud built up on the quill the throw out bearing rides on and cause the clutch cable to stretch enough to keep the throw out bearing from fully depressing the pressure plate. The SHO tranny was made by Mazda.

Bob

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z