View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm no scientologist, but I don't think this is going to work the way you hope. Those little descant bags are intended for moderating the humidity in very small amounts of atmosphere (jerky bag, etc.). As a 55 gal drum is drawn down, you'll have liters and liters of atmosphere with considerable ammounts water vapor sitting right above your alcohol mixture which will just love to take on that water. I'm not sure what the right way to do it is, but I'd consider coming up with a vacuum pump and seal with a gauge. Each time you fill up, close it up and suck ALL the air out.

There's also a material you can soak an alcohol/water mixture in and all the water stays in the material. You just have to dry it out when your done, but it's infinitely reusable.
holy hell man!! u have to tell me where i can get this material at?

ive i drive to work everyday and have a little fun on the weekends i average out to a tank and a half which = 20 gal so a drum will be emptied in 2 1/2 weeks give or take. im not sure if thats long enough for this atmospheric water absorbtion action to really take a large enough tole on the e85 in the drum for my car to notice if i give it a slightly pulled back tune. whats ur opinion on that time frame?