View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Cheap and quality don't usually go together. I don't know about that trans, but the your Reverse problem could be because of a Reverse lockout solenoid problem.

PS Why the switch back? Mileage?
Well, cheap wasn't the right word i was looking for. I'm looking for a good deal. I had a shop look at it and they told me it was going to need new synchros but every gear works fine except reverse. So i was thinking either reverse lockout, or the shift fork. Either way it has alot of miles on it and i would feel safer just swapping it out for another if i can.

And as for the switch back, yes something along those lines. He needs a daily driver because he uses a big truck for commuting and he fills up every 4 days with $100 each fill up. I owe him favors and money for performance parts, so i told him just bring me back my Honda and I'll give you back the Mustang. He agreed so i should have the Honda within the next month or whenever the weather permits him to tow it to California. It's a nice little car though. 99 Prelude, Head Unit, Subs and Amp, Aem cold air intake, exhaust, headers, good paint job. I'm going to bring the Mustang one last time to the motorgen meet, then after that I will be bringing the Prelude. Kinda down-grading on performance but it'll get me around. It's a manual transmission I'm in need of BTW.