View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #9

I missed out on a couple investments in my past. I wanted to buy a 1971 Hemi Cuda for my first car for $2000. My Dad and I had a joint savings account. My father told his 17 yr old son "I am going to save your life" and would not let me withdraw the money. Looking back he probably saved my life. When I was stationed in Key West FL in 1979 a chief want to trade his 1968 Maroon/White Shelby GT500KR convertible with 53K miles for my 1974 Jensen Healey and $1000. I had the money, but I would not be able to afford to drive the Shelby back to the west coast (8mpg vs 30mpg). I did have my Dad's Shell credit card, but I knew that he would not think that was an emergency. Looking back I should have done it anyway and took the heat when I got home. In 1981 I tried to buy a yellow 1971 GTO Judge Convertible with 9K miles, but another guy made a better offer. I regret not trading for the Shelby the most. Hindsight is always 20-20.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z