View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I don't know about emissions, maybe our new evo friend has looked into that as he's doing the conversion. I think the first link above (tripod) has some stuff about modding the carburetor. I know this from the old-timers at the track. There's only so much fuel even a giant carb can flow, and because alcohol is considerably less energy dense you have to flow a lot more to support the same power (all other things being equal). In your case, you may run into carb problems, but man is it ideal of blown applications.

its possible to run e85 on a carb i was talking to some old timers about it who did it in the 70's but i would say e85 is gonna find its target market in the forced induction scene. being as how the variable compression ratio the boost gives u does damn wonders when mixed with a fuel that has so many usable attributes to tame those variables and keep organized and safe.

also for an idea of how much fuel your gonna be needing for e85 look at my e85 write up thread i just did. i converted the japanese injector sizings with lb's to give u domestic guys a clue as how much ur gonna be flowing on a forced indution engine/