View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGuy View Post
I have the runs, a mean headache, and the boss is making me stay an extra hour. That will teach me to never drink on a weekday...
Grasshopper, let me show you the way. I'm an experienced professional.

Vettezuki's rules for mitigating the consequences of excessive drinking on a work night. I'm not an alcoholic, but my work takes me to Europe and Japan where drinking, sometimes quite a lot, is part of regular business. Throw in jet lag and you have yourself a challenge.

1 . PACE yourself. You can put away quite a lot over time. If you binge you're just poisoning yourself and there's no magic bullet for that.

2 . HYDRATE. You need to have at least 8oz of water per 1 oz of alcohol. That's extra. Alcohol is a diuretic and a lot of that crappy feeling you get from too much drinking is basically dehydration. Something with electrolytes is good as it will help retain water in your cells.

3. Do NOT go to sleep drunk. Don't really know why, but just trust me on this one. Makes a big difference.

4. Take a nice hot bath or shower before going to bed. Simply helps with relaxing and sleeping better.

5. Take some of your favorite pain killer before going to bed and when you wake up. If Tylenol do NOT take while still under the effects of alcohol as it can literally destroy your liver.

6. Eat a good breakfast, even if you don't feel so hot. It's a huge mistake not to eat just because you feel a little queezy.

7. Hit the coffee if you can tolerate it to compensate for the damage you did the night before.

This is not a great way to live, but if you find yourself in trouble on an late night and you have to work the next day, these rules can make the difference between real misery and something vaguely tolerable.

NEVER EVER over drink on a travel day. If you do, you might get to know a living hell.

And obviously, it's best not to over drink, or drink at all for that matter.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)