View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #89
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
The first group starts running and a Mustang promptly oils down the entire track We were shut down for an hour. Leedom was at the line when this happened. Once we got running again he managed to run a 13.89 second pass (Congrats on your first 13 second slip dude!). Finally my group is up. We have switched the slicks from Leedom's car to mine (BIG thanks to Ron for letting us use the ET streets, and for the great advice) and I go to the staging lanes. It's about noon and after being at the track for 6 hours, I'm finally about to get a run in when the car in front of me oils down the track .
Your welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Thanks Carlos!

Actually half shafts on Cobras usually don't snap on et streets, they snap on drag radials. I guess the stiff sidewall of drag radials causes the wheel hop that equals death. Having said that, I had already looked up prices before I went yesterday. I can get a stock halfshaft from Tousley Ford for $280 and I may pick one up before I go to the track again.

After yesterday I think should be saving up for a clutch if anything though. I could still smell my clutch in the garage last night. I don't think it likes clutch dumps on et streets very much
You're going to smell it for about the next month or so. That's how long I could smell it in my Cobra with both my old clutches.

As for your 60ft., you should be in the 1.7 range. I looked at a couple of my old slips from the Cobra where my mph was in the 113-114 range and one had a 1.773 and the other was a 1.711. With the 1.773 the car ran an 11.932 at 114.50 and on the 1.711 it ran 12.016 at 113.08.