Thread: Subaru 216A
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #33
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . heads in the clouds, school first, then job, then money, then cars.
Nothing wrong with daydreaming a bit. But yeah, that's the correct order.

Quote:
Btw, TTs car is what I think of when I consider building a race car. Not a drag race car.

But I wonder if the C3 is really a decent platform to build off of if you're not a CAD expert with welders and a mandrel bender in your garage.
TT's car is a C3 looking custom. Of course you can make a gnarly road racing car froma C3, but no, it won't/can't be "refined" to current standards. You're talking about a chassis that was first conceived in the late 50s and implemented in 63', without many fundamental changes from then on. So it depends, do you want to bomb around in thumping old Vette in vintage racing (still plenty fast and hair raising I'd imagine) or get close to current levels of handling performance?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)