View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
So I continually go to and fro on whether to continue building out my Vette or move on to something else. I truly love my Vette, but it's still GM and most of you have heard enough of my rants on that subject.

I'm *slightly* considering getting it into working order and selling it if the market were to pick up a little. Use the money for business in the short (could use a little more working capital) and down the road in a year or two, go a different direction. Something that would be a trully awesome all arounder, rain or shine, great acceleration but even better handling, yet comfortable and with tame manners when just getting around. Then I thought, mmm, what about used 997. Some pretty good examples seem available in the 40-50k range.

What are the pros and cons of this platform? Are they reliable if well maintained? Do they eat tires or have other annoying habits?

I might just end up keeping the Vette and making it more and more my own, but I am certainly curious about the Turbo Porsche.
I have heard only good things. I know you can pick up used 996 turbos for very reasonable prices. I would definitely opt for the X50 package if you go that direction.

The only downside I can think of is that if something does go wrong, I think it will be very expensive to fix relative to the Vette. Also, if you wanted to do any modding I think that would be quite expensive as well.