View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Brutal got it right for the most part. Decreasing the charge air temperature increase the air density therefore more O2 make it into the motor.

I like running lower temps simply because it helps with longevity of the motor.

Race engines do like to run hotter, but many times thats a materials issue. The comp cams spring that many lsx guys run are significantly stiffer than stock. The result is that they can become brittle when cool. As a data point my car runs 205-210 on the track and oil temps get ~255-270.

As far as the car running rich when cool, I don't really see that as an issue since most modern cars have charge air temperature as one of the variables they monitor.

Do you run a MAF tune or Speed Density? I was considering switching over to Speed Density. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)