View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #21

I spent most of the summer shopping for my new daily driver. I test drove many cars, including the new SHO, G8 GXP, CTS-V, and STS-V for domestics. I thought the new CTS-V was the best of the bunch. I still have tution to pay for my daughters so I had to pass on the new CTS-V. I really liked the G8 GXP but I wanted some more creature comforts and I hated the knob to recline the seat back. The SHO was very impressive and quick (will run 12.7 with some tuning), but I wanted a RWD V8. I could afford the first gen CTS-V and I test drove them. I purchased my STS-V because for about the same price as a 2007 CTS-V I got a more luxurious car (much better materials in the interior). The CTS-V would handle a little better and can be modded for more power than the STS-V, but I thought the STS-V was a nicer car. The STS-V seems to be very rare. I have had mine since August, drove about 6000 miles and I still have not seen another one on the road. Hopefully in about 3 years when I am done with tution payments, I can pick up a nice V2 CTS-V.
I am looking forward to meet you all at a meet.

Bob