Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #8

8/10 - Replaced battery.
9/13 - GPS/Radio unit replaced.
10/16 - Replaced fuel tank cap. Replaced trunk seperator. Aligned hood.
10/23 - Replaced squeaking brakes. Replaced GPS antenna.
11/08 - Replaced center console.
12/18 - Flushed fuel injectors.
12/26 - Flushed rear differential.
01/30 - Flushed rear differential.
02/12 - Center speaker vibrating, part ordered.
02/13 - Now the brakes are going out, after being replaced 6k miles ago. They're refusing to take it in for warranty service without my authorization for $100 of repair.

ENGINE RATTLE

I have visited multiple times for a rattle in the engine during acceleration. It sounds like I am using low-quality gas in the car. However, I have always used “Top Tier” brand gasolines at the highest octane available. After multiple repair attempts, the dealer tells me the vehicle is working to specifications. If I take the vehicle in for further repair attempts, they say the vehicle is working to specifications and there is nothing they can check.

BURNING SMELL

I have visited multiple times for a burning odor coming from rear axle area of the vehicle. This occurs after driving the vehicle in manual transmission mode. The dealer tells me the vehicle is working to specifications. They also stated that they were instructed by Cadillac to road test two other 2006 Cadillac XLR’s. The dealer told me that the other two vehicles tested had the same odor. If I take the vehicle in for further repair attempts, they say the vehicle is working to specifications and there is nothing they can check.

GPS UNIT

I waited from 09/13/06 until 10/16/06 for a GPS Unit to be delivered to Tustin Cadillac. During this time, my GPS unit was showing me in a different location than I really was and this feature of the car was unusable. On 10/16/06, the GPS Unit was replaced. This did not fix the issue. I returned 10/23/06 and had the GPS antenna replaced. This resolved the issue.

GRINDING NOISE FROM REAR AXLE

I have visited multiple times for a grinding noise while first moving from a cold start. I took the vehicle in on 02/19/07, and this will be their third repair attempt. I still have not received my vehicle back 7 days later.

I don't know if this is in my paste above, but at one time, the vehicle was in the shop for 35 days straight. The entire time I was stuck driving a Cadillac CTS instead of a XLR. And, this wasn't one of the newer 08 CTS's, this was one of the horrible looking older ones.

The final resolution...

General Motors:

1. Paid off my loan
2. Paid over $5k in Attorney's Fees to attorney
3. Paid back 98% of my payments

I basically drove an $80,000 car for free for over a year.